Not sure which LAN
racking is right for you?
Check out our Quick Tips below for help selecting the best cabinet for your application.
For a free consultation of your needs, call 800 660
2286 or shoot us an
Asking a few simple questions can help you
determine which rack or cabinet is best suited for your installation. For example:
|1. What environment
will it be placed in? What is the average temperature?
- Raised Floor?
- Clean Room?
- Controlled Environment (Air Conditioned)?
- Fan-tops pull air through the cabinet
- Vented Doors, Sides, Tops increase ventilation
and heat dissipation
2. What type of equipment will
be placed inside?
- Rack-mounted servers?
- Free standing equipment? (Need shelves?)
- What is the deepest equipment going in the
- Equipment heat emissions? How much heat does
equipment give off?
- What type of internal cooling mechanism, if
any, does the equipment have?
- Damac Extreme
Cabinets offer proper ventilation for rack mounted servers
- Add 12" to the depth of the deepest
equipment as a rule of thumb for choosing cabinet depth. This leaves room for wires and
|3. What is the weight of each
piece of equipment, and the total weight?
- Select Heavy Duty shelves
for heavier equipment.
- Select Extreme cabinets for total weight
requirements exceeding 800lbs, up to 1200lbs.
4. Are there space
- Local restrictions? Height restrictions?
- Fire codes?
- Building Codes?
- Leaving room for internal growth?
- Extreme Cabinets offer the maximum rack spaces
for a given height.
- Matching existing equipment/decor?
- Damac has Five standard colors
- Custom colors also available
Behind the handsome profile of every DAMAC (day-mac) cabinet lies a proven 16
steel frame. All DAMAC cabinets meet or exceed current equipment mounting standards and
specifications. DAMAC products include Data
and LAN Cabinets and a 10 Year Product Warranty.
DAMAC Data Cabinets meet a variety of equipment storage
needs including: wiring hubs, modems, bridges, routers, and other communication equipment.
These feature 19" or 23" rackable mounting rails
fully adjustable from front to rear and a full line of shelf
DAMAC LAN Cabinets were designed with servers,
monitors and keyboards in mind. Take advantage of the wider rail distances to roll-out
keyboards between the rails and maximize shelf space. Also, a 48" wide frame is
available in this complementary line of cabinets.
|Use DAMAC cabinets for your entire network. All cabinets can be coupled
together for a multi-bay installation. Combine Data and LAN Cabinets for a neat, uniform
look in multi-application environments. Simplify cable management during installation with
LAN TEK will install the enclosure of you choice. Select our seismic
security options if required in your area.
Powder coating provides the highest quality and most durable finish available
and is safer for the environment too. Choose from five standard colors: IBM White, IBM
Blue, Black and Pebble Gray and Network White. Custom colors are available. Contact your